Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beautiful Girl!

Does anyone out there ever get ideas from your coffee? I'm meaning, whenever I drink my coffee in the morning I think of these ideas and more often than not they don't transpire. This thought I could not pass up. So here it goes. A couple of weeks ago my dad called me his "beautiful daughter." I'm not saying that to brag, I'm saying this because when my dad said that to me I instantly felt a whoosh of empowerment and excitement. When my husband says that, I admit, it's nice to hear. But the feeling I got when my dad told me made me instantly feel like a princess. I now know one of the most important roles of a dad in his daughters life. In Dr. Dobson's book "Bringing Up Girls" I had read about the power of a dads words to his daughter. That telling your daughter how beautiful she is will help her to grow up with a sense of self worth and more often than not if she is feeling beautiful she won't start to devalue herself through eating disorders or giving herself up to just any boy she comes across. A father-daughter relationship is so powerful and at times all it takes is the reassurance that we as daughters are beautiful to our fathers and we feel we can take on the world. Which......with this being my photography blog...I realize I need to get to the point. This is what I want to offer to any interested fathers with daughters in this valley.

April 30th bring your "princess," no matter what her age (make sure you tell her how beautiful she looks) to Woodland Park for a 15-minute photo session. The moments I am wanting to capture are not moments of looking at the camera, but moments of you and her hugging, holding hands, and playing. I will print off an 8x10 of the best photo from your session along with two 5x7's of other poses for you and mail them to your house. The cost is $10 just to cover my printing and mailing costs. Make sure to give her one to frame and put in her room because I know it is something she will cherish forever. (Any additional prints you would like can be ordered through me). After the session is over of course what you do is up to you but wouldn't it be great to take her on a date for ice cream! As the years go on, girls seem to value themselves less and less, let's make sure we do our part to help them feel BEAUTIFUL!


Mom's please pass this on to your husbands or any daddys of daughters that you know so they can start thinking about it. I know this is two months away but of course we want good weather. I will repost the beginning of April so you can call to schedule a 15 minute time slot. Message me on my facebook page with any questions by clicking on the facebook page link below.


My facebook page
My website

1 comment:

Jenny K said...

What an awesome idea. I love it. I have wonderful memories of my dad telling me how beautiful I was and that I could be anything I wanted to be. I believed him. It does wonders for your spirit to know the man you trust the most, thinks the most of you. In turn, you become the most!

My hubby & beautiful B will sign-up:)